Monday, October 5, 2009

The bland leading the blind

I call myself blind because I haven't attempted a cassoulet before.

Do not, I implore you, follow that recipe I linked. The results are so bland I've had difficulties forcing myself to eat it. Actually, I ate it two and a half times, and put the rest in the city compost container.

The recipe on Epicurious seems much better. As does practically any recipe that calls for reasonable amounts of herbs and spices. I should have worried when it only had 4 cloves of garlic, sliced in half, and one bouquet garni for enough cassoulet for 8 people.

Even the recipe on The French Food and Cook seems a bit bland, but at least has bacon and 10 cloves of garlic.

I'm going to have to try again. But right now, I'm just glad I didn't serve it to my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment